Notes by number
- At higher odometer readings, repeat at the frequency interval established here.
- Service more frequently if the scotter is ridden in unusually wet or dusty areas.
- Service more frequently if the scooter is ridden often at full throttle or in the rain.
- Replace every 2 years. Replacement requires mechanical skill.
Maintenance procedure legend
- I: inspect and clean, adjust, lubricate, or replace, if necessary.
- C: clean
- A: adjust
- L: lubricate
- R: replace
|Engine oil strainer screen||C|
|Engine idle speed||I||I||I||I|
|Secondary air supply system||I|
|Brake shoe wear||I||I||I|
|Brake lock operation||I||I||I||I|
|Clutch shoe wear||I|
|Nuts, bolts, fasteners||I||I|
|Steering head bearings||I||I|
What about the belt?
Curiously, this maintenance schedule makes no mention of the drive belt. I’ve got you covered: When should the Ruckus drive belt be replaced?As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made after clicking Amazon links on this website.